$12.00 [3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours]
Course Number: #02-179
***This course will be expiring on 1/24/2018***
CE Course Description
This intermediate level course was developed using information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office on Women’s Health publication, Your Guide to Breastfeeding. and discusses various aspects of breastfeeding. Topics covered include why breastfeeding is important, how to find information and support, questions and challenges, and breastfeeding tips for certain situations. The course is appropriate for health professionals who work with new mothers or for anyone who is interested in finding out more about the benefits of breastfeeding.
CE Course Objectives
1. Describe how breastfeeding protects babies, benefits mothers, and helps society.
2. Discuss tips for learning how to breastfeed and how to find support and information.
3. Recognize how to deal with breastfeeding challenges and special situations.
4. Identify strategies to help the breastfeeding mother in the workplace.
5. Review nutrition and fitness recommendations for breastfeeding mothers.
6. Evalute practical strategies for dealing with the stress of being a new mother.