$8.00 [2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours]
Course Number: #02-310
CE Course Description
Creating safe, stable, nurturing relationships and environments is essential for preventing child maltreatment and assuring that children reach their full potential. This brief continuing education course was developed using information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in order to give educators and other community members who come into contact with children and families strategies to help ensure that children lead healthy and safe lives. Evidence-based strategies are discussed along with specific goals that will raise awareness and promote commitment to helping children grow up to be healthy and productive citizens.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss specific strategies to raise awareness and commitment to promote safe, stable, nurturing relationships and environments and prevent child maltreatment.
2. Identify how data is used to identify problems impacting children and how to best direct and monitor prevention efforts.
3. Describe how community members can partner with key stakeholders to unite behind the vision of helping children.
4. Determine the best way to implement evidence-based programs for parents and caregivers.
5. Review ways that community members can put policies in place that help ensure that children lead healthy and safe lives.