Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children
$4.00 [1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours]
CE Course Description
This short beginning level course was developed using information from the US Department of Justice, and is designed to give a brief overview of the commercial sexual exploitation of children (CSEC). The three levels of CSEC that are discussed include local exploitation by one or more individuals, small networks involving multiple adults and children, and large national or international sex crime networks. The course would be appropriate for psychologists, mental health workers and educators.
CE Course Objectives
1. Describe the components of commercial sexual exploitation of children (CSEC) including pornography, prostitution, and the smuggling of children for unlawful purposes.
2. Discuss global and national efforts to reduce and prevent the sexual exploitation of young people.
3. Evaluate the role of technology in both promoting and reducing CSEC.
4. Identify ways in which increased parental supervision and improved perceptions of women and children in society can reduce CSEC.
5. Describe the continuum of abuse experienced by victims of childhood sexual exploitation.
Click Here to learn more.