$40.00 [10.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours]
CEU Course Description
This purpose of this intermediate level course is to review the development of sexuality using a lifespan perspective. The course focuses on sexuality in infancy, childhood and adolescence and discusses biological and psychological milestones as well as theories of attachment and psychosexual development. Additional topics include milestones in adult development and sexuality, male and female infertility, menstruation, sexually transmitted diseases, and sexual deviation. The course is appropriate for psychologists and other mental health professionals, educators, students, and others who are interested in learning more about this important subject.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Review the development of sexuality using a lifespan perspective.
2. Describe various topics in human sexuality including childhood sexual abuse and sexual disorders.
3. Identify factors associated with male and female fertility, including common fertility problems and infertility treatment options.
4. Outline the stages of puberty, including the phases of the menstrual cycle and problems associated with menstruation.
5. Discuss incidences, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of various sexually transmitted diseases.
6. Evaluate circumstances that impact the development of sexual orientation while identifying ways to provide caring therapeutic interventions.
7. List the characteristics of various sexual disorders and commonly used approaches to sex therapy.
Click Here to learn more.