This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 4.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
***This course will be expiring on 05/01/2019. After this date you will be unable to take this course for renewal credit.***
This intermediate level continuing education course is designed to provide strategies for improving the path to self-sufficiency for youth who are at high risk of dropping out of school, engaging in delinquent or criminal behavior, abusing drugs or alcohol, or becoming teenage parents. The course was developed using information from the Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and presents a research-based framework for efforts to increase the likelihood that youth at greater risk of negative outcomes will enter a career trajectory and prepare to become well-functioning adults. The use of evidence-informed interventions to address youths’ resilience and human capital development is discussed as well as tailored solutions grounded in a trusting relationship between youth and program staff that will help move them toward healthy functioning.
1. Identify existing programs and services that target at-risk youth, such as those in the child welfare system, runaway and homeless youth, teen parents, and youth at risk of becoming dependent on public assistance.
2. Describe the theoretical perspectives that support the framework and discuss how they can be integrated to address the full range of at-risk youths’ needs.
3. Define the core elements of the conceptual framework and strategies to approach and engage at-risk youth.
4. Outline underlying risk and protective factors that influence youths’ willingness to engage and invest in services.
5. Determine which evidence-informed interventions have shown promise in increasing resilience and human capital in at-risk youth.
6. Discuss ways to assess program effectiveness immediately, at an intermediate point, and in the long term.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.