1. According to IDEA, each of the following accurately defines 'other health impairment" EXCEPT:
A. Other health impairment means having limited strength, vitality, or alertness, including a heightened alertness to environmental stimuli that results in limited alertness with respect to the educational environment
B. The limited alertness is due to chronic or acute health problems such as asthma, attention deficit
C. Adaptive behavior as expressed in conceptual, social, and practical life skills is negatively impacted
D. The impairment adversely affects a child's educational performance
2. Two systems of help that are available immediately to help eligible children with OHI are early intervention services for children under the age of 3 or special education and related services for children from 3 to 21, and sometimes older.
3. Attention deficit disorder and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder can make it hard for individuals to sit still, control behavior, and pay attention, and these difficulties usually begin before the person is 10 years old, but may not be noticed until the child is older.
4. Which of the following is an accurate statement about the occurrence of other health impairments?
A. There are approximately 18.9 million children and adults in the United States with diabetes, which is about 6.1% of the population
B. With very few exceptions, hemophilia usually occurs only in males, and there are about 18,000 people in the U.S. who have hemophilia
C. Tourette syndrome is an inherited disorder that is usually first notices between the ages of 9 and 12, and it occurs in boys five times more than in girls
D. Sickle cell anemia is characterized by anemia and periodic episodes of pain and affects thousands of people throughout the world
5. Determining what related services a child needs is the responsibility of the child's IEP team, based on an evaluation process, and then the school must provide these services as part of the child's education program.
6. When a child with an OHI has to be absent from school for long periods of time, it becomes the responsibility of the parent or caretaker to ensure that the educational and related services for the eligible child are being met.
Copyright © 2018 TeachME Professional Development
Visit us at https://www.teachmeceus.com