1. In order to achieve excellence in education, experts recommend a framework to guide policymaking which includes each of the following EXCEPT:
A. Equitable school finance, accountability, and governance
B. Effective teachers, principals and curricula effective enough to provide children with the opportunity to thrive in a changing world
C. Early childhood education with a focus on attributes, dispositions, and social skills
D. Mitigating poverty's effects by providing broad access not only to early childhood education, but also to a range of support services necessary to promote student success and family engagement in school
2. Although many schools are working to promote equity of opportunity through a range of programs designed to mitigate and alleviate problems related to school adjustment, attendance, mobility, substance abuse, violence, physical and sexual abuse, dropout rates, and more, such programs are often fragmented and marginalized in school improvement policy and practice.
3. As a means to enhance equity of opportunity in schools, a unified and comprehensive system of learning supports needs to be developed to include regular classroom strategies that enable learning, supports for transitions, home and community involvement, student and family assistance, and:
A. Crisis response and prevention
B. Response to diversity and cultural differences
C. Strong education for all, giving priority to early childhood education
D. Concrete targets for more equity
4. In transforming student and learning supports, the most important first step is to determine the goals and priorities of the district infrastructure in order to insure that school needs will be addressed and sustained.
5. When student issues arise, the current trend for districts is to distribute personnel to schools, such as team members that process individuals referred for learning, behavior, and/or emotional problems, but little attention is paid to operational concerns.
6. Which of the following does NOT generally describe the characteristics of school-community collaboratives?
A. They are generated by policy and driven by clear vision, aims, and rationale
B. They are oriented to outcomes and focused on delineated functions and tasks
C. They are organized into an operational infrastructure that can strategically accomplish the functions
D. They prioritize each entity's ability to address barriers to learning and to close existing gaps
7. When promoting excellence in education, particularly for the many students-in-need, priority must be given to policy that focuses on one-on-one direct services, that emphasizes wrap-around services, and that enhances coordination of interventions.
8. While adopting a continuum of interventions that include healthy development, early intervention, and a system of care is necessary for transforming current student/learning support services, learning supports must also focus on:
Copyright © 2018 TeachME Professional Development
Visit us at https://www.teachmeceus.com