CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
As the number of English learners continues to increase in the United States, educational technology developers are encouraged to take the needs of English learners and their educators into consideration in their technology design. The purpose of this continuing education course, developed using information from the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Planning, Evaluation and Policy Development, is to provide guidance on how educational technology can meet the needs of English learners, what specific supports should be included, how to assist districts when adopting certain technology, and what types of professional development will be the most useful to educators during this process. In addition, guiding principles are included to assist educators as they begin to explore new ways of working with and supporting their English learners through technology utilization.
1. Describe what English learners and their educators need in order for these students to achieve success in learning both language and academic content.
2. Discuss what research and best practices are saying about how English learners gain proficiency in English and build understanding in the different content areas.
3. Identify what support features should be included in educational technology for English learners and how to best adopt products to enhance instruction of English learners.
4. Summarize strategies to provide hands-on instruction-focused professional development that will improve teachers’ ability to meet the needs of English learners.
5. Discover the types of educational technology available to best support English learners.
6. Evaluate various online resources that are available to assist in the use of educational technology to instruct English learners.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.