This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 6.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
The purpose of this course, which was developed using information from the Publications Office of the European Union, is to address global approaches that strive to promote tolerance, respect for diversity, and ethical responsibility in primary and secondary schools. The course material draws on research from a range of approaches including meta-analyses, as well as quantitative and qualitative research, and the efforts to interpret such research. The role that formal education systems play in supporting acceptance and diversity, policy recommendations, and whole school approaches that endorse understanding and sensitivity are also presented.
1. Describe general challenges faced by migrant individuals, refugees, and other minority groups, as well as struggles they face in school.
2. Summarize the role that formal education systems play in promoting tolerance, respect for diversity, and civic responsibility.
3. Evaluate concrete, evidence-informed research that promotes ethical responsibility, acceptance, and diversity in compulsory schooling.
4. Discuss the components of a whole school approach to encourage tolerance, including administrative actions, teaching strategies, and policy recommendations.
5. Outline practices for teacher training and preparation that will enhance diversity and accountability in the profession.
6. Identify ways to partner with community organizations who have expertise in addressing acceptance and non-discrimination.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.