This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
The number of publications on family variables and cyberbullying, including both perpetration and victimization, has significantly increased as cyberbullying has become an important phenomenon that seriously effects many people. The purpose of this intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from Social Sciences journal, is to analyze a systematic review of the literature pertaining to the role played by family variables in cyberbullying perpetration and victimization. Research methods are included as well as an overview of the results of numerous studies that evaluated how structural and dynamic family variables impact cyberbullying. Specifically, the effects of parental mediation, parent-child communication, parental support, parental education styles, and parental dysfunction are presented.
CE Course Objectives
1. Identify what research is saying about the clear impact that family variables play in bullying.
2. Describe methods used to analyze the most relevant publications on the influence of family variables on cyberbullying, both in terms of perpetration and victimization.
3. Differentiate between the impact of structural family variables and dynamic family variables on cyberbullying behaviors.
4. Discuss how parental mediation and monitoring, as well as parent-child communication, can positively and negatively influence cyberbullying.
5. Evaluate how parental education styles, warmth and attachment, and level of parental functioning can serve as risk or protective factors for cyberbullying victimization and perpetration.
6. Discuss study conclusions and recommendations for further research.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.