CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
In early childhood education settings, the importance of integrating STEM education into existing curriculum is widely understood. The purpose of this continuing education course, developed using information from the International Electronic Journal of Mathematics Education, is to evaluate ways to develop math curriculum, frameworks, and activities based on STEM for early learners. Research findings pertaining to STEM are presented as well as guidelines for developing a math curriculum framework and lessons that support science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Additionally, expert perspectives on this type of program are presented.
1. Summarize research pertaining to the prevalence and benefits of STEM in education, particularly for early learners.
2. Identify early learners’ knowledge of mathematics, appropriate math topics for these ages, suitable approaches to interest children, and appropriate learning goals.
3. Discuss curriculum development theories and how theory can be used to develop a math framework that can be put into place.
4. Describe specific activities and lesson plans that can demonstrate the mathematics curriculum framework for early childhood education based on STEM.
5. Summarize experts’ perspectives on the utility of the mathematics curriculum framework and STEM activities for early learners.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.