This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 4.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
Students who participate in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education have the opportunity to develop knowledge and skills to prepare for a workforce where success results not just from what one knows, but what one is able to do with that awareness. This continuing education course, developed using information from the U.S. Department of Education, summarizes experts’ recommendations for the development of STEM education that will promote lifelong learning among all youth and in all communities. In addition, the six interconnected components of the aspirational vision known as STEM 2026, and the challenges and opportunities for innovation related to converting these components into widespread practice are presented.
1. Discuss the need for a bold vision in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education to support lifelong learning.
2. Provide an overview of the six interconnected components of the aspirational vision known as STEM 2026.
3. Identify strategies to achieve STEM 2016 goals, including challenges and opportunities.
4. Summarize current STEM education research as well as ways to propel research and development that can build a stronger evidence base for what works in various contexts.
5. Describe how STEM innovation can best serve all learners, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in this area, and how to motivate action toward achieving transformative change.
6. Review illustrative examples of what STEM 2026 components could look like in practice.
7. Illustrate how STEM 2026 can stimulate action among key stakeholder groups to positively affect equitable access, engagement, and outcomes in STEM teaching and learning.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.