Please Note: This course has varying hours depending on the type of credit you need. See Below.
CE Course Description
Improving the quality of early care and education (ECE) is a central goal of state and national initiatives. This course was developed using information form Child Trends in order to investigate current areas of focus, growing interest in new strategies, and gaps in current approaches to quality improvement in early care and education settings. An overview of improvement science is presented along with a summary of the components of the Breakthrough Series Collaborative (BSC) process to initiate change and growth.
CE Course Objectives
1. Summarize the need for new approaches to quality improvement in early care and education settings.
2. Discuss how improvement science examines theories and methods for developing, testing, and implementing organizational or systems-wide changes that result in improvement.
3. Describe how The Breakthrough Series Collaborative (BSC) is used to facilitate mutual learning, enhance skills for improvement, and lead change within individual organizations.
4. Explore research documenting the effects of implementing the BSC methodology.
5. Identify considerations and next steps necessary to implement quality and improvement practices in early care and education.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Course Date: 2018-08-01
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
No conflict of interest or relevant financial relationship was identified for this learning activity for individuals in a position to control content.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
If you require ADA or other special needs accommodations, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 1-800-413-5262, so arrangements can be made.