This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Substance use and misuse by young people can lead to a variety of problems and may place them at risk for other related health consequences. The purpose of this intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Department of Education, is provide professionals with a practical guide to raising drug free children that can be shared with parents and caregivers. An overview of substance use among young people is presented as well as risk and protective factors, suggestions on how to talk to them about substance use, and what do if substance use is suspected.
CE Course Objectives
1. Summarize how substance use impacts young people, including prevalence rates and particular effects on academic performance.
2. Discuss commonly used substances, their risks, how they are consumed, and their effects.
3. Describe concerns pertaining to misuse of prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) medications by young people.
4. Identify risk factors that may make kids more vulnerable to trying and using alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs, as well as protective factors to offset those risks.
5. Review tips for parents and caregivers when substance use is suspected or known.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.