This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
Bullying behavior may inflict harm or distress on the student being bullied through physical, psychological, social, or educational harm, and bulling can lead to health complaints, depression and anxiety, increased feelings of sadness and loneliness, changes in sleep and eating patterns, negative impact on student’s educational opportunities, and loss of interest in activities. The purpose of this continuing education course, developed using information from the National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments, is to furnish the information and materials necessary to provide training to education staff on issues related to understanding and intervening in bullying behavior in the school setting. The definition and characteristics of bullying are included as well as ideas and strategies for responding to bullying behavior. In addition, bullying scenarios are presented, as well as activities and handouts that can be used as training for educators.
1. Understand what bullying behavior is and is not and describe its core elements.
2. Identify specific strategies for addressing, reporting, and following up on bullying behavior when it occurs.
3. Explore what bullying behavior may look like in the classroom and how bullying targets, perpetrators, and bystanders may be impacted.
4. Discuss special considerations and concerns related to cyberbullying.
5. Outline common myths about bullying behavior and evaluate various bullying scenarios.
6. Differentiate between the various types of bullying and describe how often and with whom bullying occurs.
7. Describe the symptoms and impact of trauma and how bullying and trauma may be related.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.