CE Credit Hours: 4.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
Technology can be a powerful tool for transforming learning if it is used effectively. The purpose of this course, developed using information from the U.S. Department of Education Office of Educational Technology, is to provide an update of the National Education Technology Plan that strives to keep pace with the everchanging educational technology landscape. Topics include learning through technology, teaching with technology, creating a culture and conditions for innovation and change, and how to assess for learning. Additionally, strategies to enable access and use technology effectively are presented as well as progress made and challenges that remain.
1. Describe the purpose and vision of The National Education Technology Plan (NETP).
2. Summarize strategies to engage and empower learning through technology.
3. Identify ways that technology can accelerate, amplify, and expand the impact of effective teaching practices.
4. Evaluate the role of technology-enabled assessments to support learning and teaching by communicating evidence of learning progress and providing insights to educators, families, and learners.
5. Outline the key elements of an infrastructure that promotes technology-enabled learning, teaching, and assessment.
6. Provide examples of transformations that can be enabled by the effective use of technology.
7. Discuss progress made in leveraging technology to transform learning as well as ongoing challenges.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.