This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Transition services from school to post-school activities for students with disabilities require a coordinated set of activities within an outcome-oriented process. This continuing education course, developed using information from the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services, discusses transition planning, services, and requirements, education and employment options for students and youth with disabilities after leaving secondary school, and supporting decisions made by students and youth with disabilities. In addition, real life examples, a sample flow chart of the transition process, and a glossary of key terms used in the transition process are presented.
CE Course Objectives
1. Summarize current efforts to ensure that all students and youth with disabilities are equipped with the skills and knowledge to be engaged in the 21st Century workforce.
2. Highlights educational opportunities, credentials, and employment strategies designed to assist students with disabilities as they prepare for a meaningful postsecondary education and thriving career.
3. Describe services and key requirements of the IDEA and the Rehabilitation Act that facilitate the transition from school to post-school activities.
4. Discuss transition services within a framework of structured planning, meaningful youth and family engagement, and State agency coordination and accountability.
5. Outline specific actions to be taken while transitioning and available services and supports for students and youth with disabilities.
6. Present key elements of supported decision-making and describe the practice of informed choice to assist students and youth with disabilities in their decisions for adult life.
7. Define key terms that are relevant to the transition process and examine real life examples.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.