Creating Positive Outcomes for Youth With Mental Health and Substance Abuse Issues
$8.00 [2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours]
***This course is being retired and will no longer be available on the TeachME site after 10/24.***
CE Course Description
This course is intended to identify efforts to improve outcomes for children and youth with or at risk for mental health problems, substance use, and co-occurring disorders. The course material is provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA), and gives the participant a snapshot of various efforts being made to assist these young people. Specific strategies are discussed along with pertinent issues facing children with mental health and substance abuse issues.
CE Course Objectives
1. Identify key factors in SAMHSA's vision is to promote the opportunity for all children and youth to live full and productive lives.
2. Describe specific prevention and intervention programs being implemented throughout the U.S. to assist struggling youth.
3. Discuss the eight strategies for creating whole health, person-centered health care.
4. Evaluate current research findings in the areas of children’s mental health and substance abuse.
5. Recognize the value of parental and community involvement in the lives of healthy children and adolescents.
Click Here to learn more.