Diabetes Prevention and Lifelong Management
$20.00 [5.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours]
CE Course Description
This intermediate continuing education course, Diabetes Prevention and Lifelong Management, was developed using material from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ National Diabetes Education Program. This course is designed to demonstrate how a team approach can reduce risk factors for type 2 diabetes, improve diabetes management, and lower the risk for chronic complications. Evidence supports an opportunity for health care professionals and organization leaders to help improve the health of people with diabetes using a team care approach. Topics include team-building strategies, case studies, at-risk indicators for diabetes, Medicare, and collaborative care in practice, including the role of the Registered Dietitian and the Diabetes Educator.
CE Course Objectives
1. Review research that describes the impact of successful diabetes team care.
2. List five steps to maintain a successful team.
3. Define telehealth and how it applies to the diabetes team.
4. Understand the payment and cost-effectiveness data for diabetes education.
5. Describe the role of the Registered Dietitian and Diabetes Educator in the diabetes health care team.
6. Identify the role of the peer counselor in diabetes management.
7. Review case-studies and outcomes.
8. Identify patients at risk for type 2 diabetes.
Click Here to learn more.