Please Note: This course has varying hours depending on the type of credit you need. See Below.
The demand for high-quality educational tools and apps is increasing as communities become more connected, devices become more affordable, and teachers and parents look for new ways to use technology to engage students. This continuing education course, developed using information from the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Educational Technology, provides insight on how technology tools and apps that are based on sound research can support more effective approaches to teaching and learning. The course offers several opportunities that technology has the potential to address, based on urgent needs heard from educators, parents, and students. The components and importance of each opportunity are addressed.
1. Identify ways that technological tools and apps can improve mastery of academic skills and offer skills to promote lifelong learning.
2. Discuss how educational technology can increase family engagement in the academic process and help students plan for future educational opportunities.
3. Describe how technology can provide new opportunities to assess student learning and analyze specific tools that can help teachers with the assessment process.
4. Summarize how advances in technology can make just-in-time personalized professional learning available to educators wherever they may be as well as improve educator productivity.
5. Evaluate how technology can increase the ability for students with differing needs to participate in the same learning activities as their peers and how it can support important trends in the Education Landscape.
6. Asses how education research can be analyzed to develop educational tools and apps, and how school funding, staff, and infrastructure elements can impact educational technology implementation.
7. Outline meaningful strategies to get appropriate apps and tools to educators and describe what innovative practices look like within districts.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.