This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 4.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Research has repeatedly shown that breastfeeding is recognized as the best source of nutrition for most infants. This brief continuing education course provides information on interventions and programs that communities, health care systems, health care providers, employers, public health professionals, and other organizations and individuals can take to support mothers and make breastfeeding easier. The course information, presented by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, NationalCenterfor Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, includes strategies to assist breastfeeding mothers and increase breastfeeding rates.
CE Course Objectives
1. Review the Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative’s Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding.
2. Discuss policy and environmental strategies that are designed to increase support for women who choose to breastfeed.
3. Summarize objectives to increase breastfeeding rates and improve outcome measures specific to work sites and maternity care.
4. Differentiate between professional and peer support practices to help breastfeeding mothers.
5. Describe the role of professional education in enhancing the knowledge, skills, attitudes, or behaviors of health care providers in relation to breastfeeding promotion.
6. Identify specific programs that support breastfeeding and address barriers that mothers may encounter.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.