This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
The purpose of this continuing education activity is to provide information to schools and youth programs about the consequences of violence, and to offer guidance for reducing and eliminating its impact. The course, which was developed using information from The Greater Pittsburgh Coalition Against Violence, discusses the role of family and community, numerous issues that perpetuate and exacerbate the problem, as well as strategies to build more peaceful communities.
1. Discuss the persistent problem of violence within our communities, and highlight those who are particularly vulnerable to its consequences.
2. Identify strategies for parents and families to empower, support, teach, and encourage healthy and productive children.
3. Summarize characteristics and consequences of bullying, and ways in which schools, families, communities, and youth can address and work toward combating the problem.
4. Describe how athletes, gang members, and members of the media can positively and negatively impact community violence.
5. Outline the role of youth in impacting education, awareness, and violence prevention efforts.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.