Please Note: This course has varying hours depending on the type of credit you need. See Below.
Personalized learning is described as differentiated learning that is intended to address the distinct learning needs, interests, preferences and backgrounds of individual students. The purpose of this brief continuing education course, developed using information from the Center on Innovations in Learning, is to expand this definition, address personal competencies in education, and highlight specific strategies to personalize learning. Additionally, action principles for states, districts, and schools to support personal competencies are discussed.
1. Identify the components of personalized learning including personal characteristics, learner relationships, the role of personal competencies, and the evolution of personalized learning.
2. Describe competency-based education and its place in personalized learning.
3. Differentiate between personal, academic, and career/occupational competencies, including how they are reinforced and assessed.
4. Outline specific strategies to implement competency-based instruction and personalized learning into the classroom.
5. Evaluate strengths, outcomes, and reservations pertaining to personalized learning.
6. Discuss action principles for states, districts, and schools to support personal competencies.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Course Date: 2018-04-02
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
No conflict of interest was identified for this learning activity for individuals in a position to control content.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
If you require ADA or other special needs accommodations, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 1-800-413-5262, so arrangements can be made.