Please Note: This course has varying hours depending on the type of credit you need. See Below.
A school where students are motivated to learn and are engaged in mastering challenging learning goals matched to their skills and interests is appealing to students, educators, parents, and community members. The purpose of this continuing education course, developed using material from the Center on Innovations in Learning, is to discuss the advantages of developing a system of personalized learning and the benefits of designing models in which teachers and students co-design instruction. In addition, the components, benefits, and challenges of The Flipped Model of Blended Learning are presented as well as how it can be used as a path to personalization. Action principles for states, districts, and schools as they develop a personalized learning system are also summarized.
1. Identify the benefits of developing a system of personalized learning and the advantages of designing models in which teachers and learners co-design instruction.
2. Discuss strategies to assist teachers and learners in setting learning goals in a personalized system and linking these goals with educational standards.
3. Describe how activities can be selected to help achieve learning goals and the role teachers play in coaching students as they make informed choices about instructional features and methods.
4. Summarize action principles for states, districts, and schools as they develop a personalized learning system.
5. Outline the components of The Flipped Model of Blended Learning and how it can be used as a path to personalization.
6. Describe the value and advantages of flipped learning as well as drawbacks and challenges.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.