This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 4.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
Challenging academic content standards are currently being adopted with the goal of ensuring that adult English language learners (ELLs) are adequately prepared for careers and postsecondary education. Developed using information from U.S. Department of Education, Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education, this continuing education course explains the English Language Proficiency (ELP) Standards for Adult Education (AE) and how to support their use and implementation at the classroom level. It provides information about the process to select the Standards and their structure, includes details about the methods used to select the standards, and summarizes the guiding principles that articulate the understanding of adult language acquisition and adult learning theory.
1. Provide an overview of the goals and purposes for developing the English Language Proficiency (ELP) Standards for Adult Education (AE).
2. Highlight the importance of creating standards that are specifically designed for adult ELLs.
3. Identify the guiding principles and design parameters for selecting ELP standards for adult education.
4. Consider the characteristics and strengths of English language learners that will assist them in meeting challenging academic standards.
5. Describe the organization and key features of the Standards from two views, which may be used for different purposes depending on the instructional context.
6. Summarize correspondences between college and career readiness (CCR) content standards and the ELP Standards for AE.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.