CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
High-quality early learning is a critical component of educational success, and a necessary means to address equity, eliminate disparities in student achievement, and support students’ overall well-being. This continuing education course, developed using information from the U.S. Department of Education, addresses the need to promote effective preschool education that is followed by strong kindergarten through third grade programs, and education that prepares students graduating from high school to succeed in college and careers. Strategies to expand access to high-quality early learning, to encourage alignment and collaboration from birth through third grade, and to support educators in meeting these goals are presented.
1. Discuss research findings that demonstrate the benefits of high-quality early in promoting healthy social-emotional development and helping to build a strong academic foundation.
2. Explore strategies to expand access to high-quality early learning at the state and federal level.
3. Evaluate programs designed to assist special populations such as children who are homeless, those with disabilities, in foster care, migratory, or English learners, as well as other underrepresented groups.
4. Summarize efforts to ensure coordination between early childhood education programs and the K-12 system.
5. Outline ways to develop early educators’ skills and knowledge so that they may ensure that children entering kindergarten are prepared and are able to sustain gains from preschool experiences.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.