Please Note: This course has varying hours depending on the type of credit you need. See Below.
CE Course Description
High-quality early care and education can be more effectively achieved when community partners work together to link data to support programs and experiences. This continuing education course, developed using information from Child Trends, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the U.S. Department of Education, discusses how to use linked and administrative data in early childhood (EC) programs to improve services for young children and families. Benefits and examples of data use are presented as well as challenges and strategies to overcome them.
CE Course Objectives
1. Differentiate between administrative and linked data and provide examples of each.
2. Discuss how data is used to make decisions related to improving program quality and services in early childhood education.
3. Summarize key considerations for integrating and linking early childhood data based on research, best practices, and lessons learned.
4. Examine how data collected across early childhood programs can help program leaders and federal, state, and local policymakers better understand the needs.
5. Identify challenges programs might face when trying to link their own data or link with other agencies, as well as strategies ECE programs have used to overcome these challenges.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Course Date: 2017-11-01
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
No conflict of interest or relevant financial relationship was identified for this learning activity for individuals in a position to control content.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
If you require ADA or other special needs accommodations, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 1-800-413-5262, so arrangements can be made.