Course #: 02-562
Price: $8.00Take the Exam
Please Note: This course has varying hours depending on the type of credit you need. See Below.
Approximately half of all children under the age of three in the United States have a regular child care arrangement, and relationship-based care practices are a priority area for ensuring quality in infant and toddler early care and education settings. The purpose of this continuing education course, developed using information from the Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is to demonstrate how center-based settings can be structured to support the implementation of relationship-based care practices. Considerations for implementing these practices are addressed as well as federal and state policies related to implementation.
1. Identify the components of relationship-based practices and the policies, procedures, and practices that support families, teachers, and children as they build relationships with and among each other.
2. Discuss how relationship-based practices help build the foundation for brain development and help establish a base for later learning.
3. Summarize research findings pertaining to relationship-based care practices in early education settings.
4. Outline ways to implement primary caregiving and continuity of care practices in centers serving infants and toddlers.
5. Describe how federal and state programs can provide incentives, guidance, and strategies to encourage relationship-based care.
6. Consider ongoing challenges in access to and delivery of high-quality early care and education and methods to address these issues.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Course Date: 2016-11-01
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
No conflict of interest or relevant financial relationship was identified for this learning activity for individuals in a position to control content.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
If you require ADA or other special needs accommodations, please contact us by email: email@example.com or by phone 1-800-413-5262, so arrangements can be made.