This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
Bullying in preschool may take diﬀerent forms, including overt bullying such as physical or verbal bullying, and indirect bullying, such as relational bullying. The purpose of this brief continuing education course, developed using material from the Frontiers in Psychology journal, is to examine whether preservice preschool teachers’ respond differently to physical, verbal and relational bullying, and how their years of study and trait empathy impact their responses. Implications for bullying intervention and suggestions for teacher education are discussed.
1. Differentiate between the various forms of bullying that are present in preschool settings, and the role that teachers play in responding to such behaviors.
2. Define empathy and consider how it impacts preschool teachers’ reaction to bullying behaviors.
3. Identify study findings examining whether preservice preschool teachers’ respond differently to physical, verbal and relational bullying, and how their years of study and trait empathy effect responses.
4. Discuss how preschool teachers perceive bullying incident seriousness, their sympathy toward the victim of the bullying, and how they intervene in bullying situations.
5. Describe the four components of empathy relevant to preservice preschool teachers and how years of study influence empathic reactions.
6. Examine implications for bullying intervention and suggestions for teacher education.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.