CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
Growing recognition exists among practitioners and policymakers that the first three years are a distinct developmental period for infants and toddlers. The purpose of this brief continuing education course, developed using information from the Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation (OPRE), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is to explore the meaning of the word “curriculum” when applied to working with infants and toddlers. The what, how, and why of curriculum is discussed as well as implications for educators, policy, and research.
1. Identify developmental characteristics that occur for infants and toddlers in the first three years.
2. Discuss how empirically based curriculum can improve services for infants and toddlers.
3. Differentiate between the what, how, and why of the curriculum development process for infants and toddlers.
4. Summarize ramifications for educators and policy makers as they move forward with curriculum implementation.
5. Describe curriculum development in the context of sustaining relationships with educators and families.
6. Evaluate implications for research to study current curriculum use and critical aspects of implementation.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.