This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Professionals who work diligently to address barriers to student learning and promote healthy development need appropriate guidance and resources. The purpose of this brief, intermediate level continuing education course is to provide an overview of screening and assessment practices that can be used to help match students with interventions designed to address their current behavioral healthcare needs and to prevent problems from progressing. Developed using information from the Center for Mental Health in Schools at UCLA, the course also includes screening and assessment guidelines, general screening tools, and considerations when working with special populations.
CE Course Objectives
1. Identify the pros, cons, and cautions of screening for behavioral health problems in school settings.
2. Discuss how screening and assessment can be used to address barriers to learning and promote healthy development.
3. Differentiate between universal screening, selective screening, and multiphasic screening.
4. Outline considerations and procedures for screening at-risk groups and those in crisis.
5. Evaluate numerous screening tools and summarize the steps in the screening process.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.