This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 5.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
***This course will be expiring on 06/27/2019. After this date you will be unable to take this course for renewal credit.***
CE Course Objectives
Algebra is often the first mathematics subject that requires extensive abstract thinking, and understanding algebra is a key for success in future mathematics courses. This course, developed using information from the U.S. Department of Education’s Institute of Education Sciences (IES), is designed to offer educators specific, evidence-based recommendations that address the challenges of teaching algebra to students in grades 6 through 12. The course material synthesizes the best available research and shares practices that are supported by evidence, and is intended to be practical and easy for teachers to use. Recommendations and examples are included as well as suggestions for putting each recommendation into practice, roadblocks that may be encountered, and possible solutions.
CE Course Description
1. Identify the general and interrelated themes for improving the teaching and learning of algebra.
2. Discuss strategies to use solved problems to engage students in analyzing algebraic reasoning and strategies.
3. Describe how to teach students to utilize the structure of algebraic representations.
4. Explain methods to teach students to intentionally choose from alternative algebraic strategies when solving problems.
5. Review sample problems and examples that demonstrate concepts along with solutions to overcome roadblocks that may be encountered in the learning process.
6. Outline pertinent research findings related to algebra instruction.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.