This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
***This course will be expiring on 05/01/2019. After this date you will be unable to take this course for renewal credit.***
In order to strive for excellence in American education, access to opportunity must be provided for all children, regardless of their socioeconomic background and circumstances. This brief continuing education course, developed using information from UCLA’s Center for Mental Health in Schools, summarizes interventions to enhance equity in education from the classroom outward. Additionally, strategies to rework operational infrastructure to transform student and learning supports are discussed as well as ways to assist policy makers and school improvement planners in pursuing equal opportunity for all students.
1. Outline the components of the five-part framework to guide policymaking for enhancing access to opportunity for all school-aged children.
2. Discuss strategies to overcome barriers to learning and teaching from the classroom outward.
3. Summarize the elements of the six major intervention areas that experts believe can play a role in dropout prevention, closing the achievement gap, and increasing graduation rates.
4. Describe implementation and systemic changes necessary to create improvements across districts in order to enhance equity of opportunity.
5. Identify the role of school-community collaboratives in developing a comprehensive system of learning supports that emphasize community involvement and engagement.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.