CE Credit Hours: 4.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
The purpose of the National Assessment of Educational Progress is to measure national, regional, state, and subgroup achievement in reading by measuring students’ reading comprehension and their ability to apply vocabulary knowledge to assist them in comprehension. This continuing education course, developed using information from the U.S. Department of Education’s National Assessment Governing Board, presents the conceptual base for, and discusses the content of, the assessment. The design of reading compression testing, primary components of the framework, and the purpose and goals of vocabulary assessment are also included.
1. Evaluate the definitions of reading that have informed framework development for the assessment.
2. Outline the factors that influence reading performance, the nature of reading behaviors, and the purposes for reading.
3. Discuss commonalities in reading behavior across text types, text characteristics, and structural differences in text.
4. Identify components of vocabulary assessment on the NAEP assessment, including purpose and goals.
5. Describe characteristics of literary and informational texts selected for inclusion on the NAEP Reading Assessment.
6. Exhibit an understanding of how cognitive targets are used to guide the assessment.
7. Determine how results of the NAEP Reading Assessment administrations are reported.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.