This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Although dropout rates have improved dramatically for students with specific learning disabilities (SLD), these students remain at significant risk of not graduating with a regular diploma. This brief continuing education course was developed using information from The National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD) in order to provide important data and findings to help parents, school leaders, and policy makers understand what they can do improve graduation rates of students with SLD. Key issues, findings, and recommendations are presented as well as practical steps that can be taken at the state and federal level.
CE Course Objectives
1. Differentiate between the most common types of specific learning disabilities and review the high school graduation rates for students with SLD.
2. Summarize key recommendations at the federal and state level to improve the graduation rate of students with specific learning disabilities.
3. Identify ways to assure consistency and comparability in the graduation data for the subgroup of students with disabilities.
4. Describe how states vary in their expectations for SLD students and the measures they use to gauge progress.
5. Discuss the importance of holding students with specific learning disabilities to the same high standards as all other students and of providing them the supports they need to meet these standards.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.