This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
Problem behaviors in early childhood are associated with poor outcomes in adolescence and adulthood. This brief continuing education course, developed using material from Child Trends, synthesizes information assessing the impact of numerous behavioral interventions on children ages birth to five. The components of each program are discussed as well as their effect on modifying externalizing and internalizing problem behaviors. Additionally, a detailed example of one program, Promoting Alternative Thinking Strategies (PATHS) for Preschool, is presented.
1. Identify adolescence and adulthood consequences associated with problem behaviors in early childhood.
2. Differentiate between adverse externalizing behaviors and internalizing behaviors among children ages birth to five.
3. Review key findings of program evaluations that assessed the impact of best approaches to reduce problem behaviors in early childhood.
4. Identify directions for future research to enhance outcomes in reducing problem behaviors for young children.
5. Provide an overview of Promoting Alternative Thinking Strategies (PATHS) for Preschool, including implementation approaches and results.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.