This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
The purpose of this course is to provide strategies for schools to move forward in establishing the type of comprehensive system for addressing barriers to learning and teaching that can enable them to be more effective. The course material, provided by the UCLA Mental Health In Schools Center, also outlines planning and monitoring processes as well as resources, strategies, and practices that provide physical, social, emotional, and intellectual supports that will enable all pupils to have an equal opportunity for success at school. Lastly, methods for reshaping the functions of all school personnel who have a role to play in addressing barriers to learning and promoting healthy development are discussed along with ways to integrate their roles and functions into school improvement planning.
CE Course Objectives
1. Explore the need for schools to play a greater role in providing supports for students experiencing barriers to learning.
2. Describe how learning supports can be woven into classroom and schoolwide interventions and become fully integrated with instructional efforts to help students have success at school.
3. Identify methods to create an infrastructure that ensures essential leadership, resources, motivation, and capability for developing an effective system of learning supports.
4. Summarize the continuum of interconnected systems for meeting the needs of all students.
5. Discuss the major steps in establishing a comprehensive, multifaceted, and cohesive component for addressing barriers to learning.
6. Outline the functions and structure of a learning support resource team.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.