Please Note: This course has varying hours depending on the type of credit you need. See Below.
CE Course Description
Suicide continues to be an issue that faces many young people today, and schools have an obligation to do their part to help prevent such tragedies. This intermediate level continuing education course, developed using information from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), completes the two-part series that presents tools for helping schools plan and implement suicide prevention strategies. Part two focuses on staff training, parent education, student programs, as well as screening and assessment. Additionally, numerous resources that are available to help schools are outlined.
CE Course Objectives
1. Identify suicide prevention programs and activities that are effective for individual schools and respond to the needs and cultures of each school’s students.
2. Determine ways to integrate suicide prevention into activities that fulfill other aspects of the school’s mission, such as preventing the abuse of alcohol and other drugs
2. Describe the steps necessary to implement the components of a comprehensive school-based suicide prevention program, including the necessary elements of staff education and training.
4. Outline strategies to most effectively educate parents about suicide and related mental health issues.
5. Discuss various suicide screening programs that are available for schools, and how to enlist the support of administrators, staff, and parents through the screening process.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.