Please Note: This course has varying hours depending on the type of credit you need. See Below.
CEU Course Description
Experts agree that a child’s emotional health and well-being influences their overall development and health and that a whole-school approach to promoting good mental health serves as a protective factor for child and adolescent wellness. This continuing education course, developed using information from Public Health England, provides strategies to assist school professionals in creating environments that embody a whole school approach to promote overall health and well-being. Principles that support this approach are outlined as well as practical examples where such principles are implemented.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss key actions educators can take to create a whole school approach to promote emotional health and well-being.
2. Identify the rationale for using approaches that help support students in maintaining resiliency and emotional wellness.
3. Summarize the eight key principles to enhance health and well-being in schools.
4. Evaluate the role of relationships between and among senior leadership, school staff, and students in creating a sense of belonging and enjoyment.
5. Describe specific strategies that schools can undertake to include parents as partners in promoting social and emotional health.
6. Review practical examples and resources that support the implementation of targeted school approaches.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Course Date: 2016-11-01
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.