$8.00 [2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours]
Course Number: #02-564
Experts agree that a child’s emotional health and well-being influences their overall development and health and that a whole-school approach to promoting good mental health serves as a protective factor for child and adolescent wellness. This continuing education course, developed using information from Public Health England, provides strategies to assist school professionals in creating environments that embody a whole school approach to promote overall health and well-being. Principles that support this approach are outlined as well as practical examples where such principles are implemented.
1. Discuss key actions educators can take to create a whole school approach to promote emotional health and well-being.
2. Identify the rationale for using approaches that help support students in maintaining resiliency and emotional wellness.
3. Summarize the eight key principles to enhance health and well-being in schools.
4. Evaluate the role of relationships between and among senior leadership, school staff, and students in creating a sense of belonging and enjoyment.
5. Describe specific strategies that schools can undertake to include parents as partners in promoting social and emotional health.
6. Review practical examples and resources that support the implementation of targeted school approaches.