Please Note: This course has varying hours depending on the type of credit you need. See Below.
The existence of discrepancies in school discipline and the adverse consequences of punitive and exclusionary discipline have been well established. The purpose of this continuing education course, developed using information from the National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments, is to assist schools and districts in identifying and analyzing the root causes of disparities and assist in creating an implementable action plan to address disparities in a strategic and sustainable manner. A three-stage method to accomplish this task is presented, which includes digging into data about school discipline, determining the root causes of discrepancies in discipline, and creating the action plan.
1. Identify tools that can be utilized to assess and systematically address disparities in discipline practices.
2. Determine how to conduct descriptive and root cause analysis to address factors that contribute to disparities.
3. Discuss who is being disparately disciplined in schools and what is happening to them as a result.
4. Evaluate the systemic causes of disparities in school discipline and why they occur.
5. Describe how to build an effective team to analyze discrepancies and create solutions for implementing fair discipline practices.
6. Outline strategies to implement an action plan for reducing and eliminating disparities in school discipline.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Course Date: 2019-04-01
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
No conflict of interest was identified for this learning activity for individuals in a position to control content.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.