This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 4.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
The existence of discrepancies in school discipline and the adverse consequences of punitive and exclusionary discipline have been well established. The purpose of this continuing education course, developed using information from the National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments, is to assist schools and districts in identifying and analyzing the root causes of disparities and assist in creating an implementable action plan to address disparities in a strategic and sustainable manner. A three-stage method to accomplish this task is presented, which includes digging into data about school discipline, determining the root causes of discrepancies in discipline, and creating the action plan.
1. Identify tools that can be utilized to assess and systematically address disparities in discipline practices.
2. Determine how to conduct descriptive and root cause analysis to address factors that contribute to disparities.
3. Discuss who is being disparately disciplined in schools and what is happening to them as a result.
4. Evaluate the systemic causes of disparities in school discipline and why they occur.
5. Describe how to build an effective team to analyze discrepancies and create solutions for implementing fair discipline practices.
6. Outline strategies to implement an action plan for reducing and eliminating disparities in school discipline.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.