CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
Today’s schools are uniquely positioned to provide programs and services that promote student health and optimal wellness while removing barriers to active learning. The purpose of this continuing education course, developed using information from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, is to provide school personnel with key information regarding student assistance services. This includes how to connect to existing school, substance use, and mental health initiatives, key components of effective programming, considerations for implementation, and planning for success. In addition, strategies to begin and/or improve student assistance services and provide guidance on more comprehensive resources are presented.
1. Identify the benefits, functions, and components of student assistance services and describe how they operate in schools.
2. Address how student assistance services can be integrated with school climate and violence prevention efforts.
3. Compare various student assistant service delivery models and discuss their advantages and disadvantages.
4. Outline the elements of SAMHSA’s Strategic Prevention to guide the selection, implementation, and evaluation of effective, culturally appropriate, and sustainable prevention activities.
5. Describe the key features of risk and protective factors that are important to remember when designing and evaluating student assistance services.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.