This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
It is wildly accepted that early care and education programs should support parent engagement linked to early learning for all families, including families from diverse language and cultural backgrounds. This brief continuing education course, developed using information from Child Care and Early Education Research Connections, highlights research that can inform policies to expand the capacity of early care and education programs to promote parent engagement in linguistically diverse families with young children. Characteristics of linguistically diverse children and their families are discussed as well as policy initiatives that could strengthen the capacity of early care and education programs to support parent engagement.
CE Course Description
1. Identify ways to establish early care and education programs that support culturally and linguistically diverse children and their families.
2. Describe the characteristics of linguistically diverse families and how these families can support learning and development in their children.
3. Discuss the features of early care and education programs that appear to contribute to high levels of parent engagement in linguistically diverse families.
4. Review policy implications for supporting early childhood programs in their capacity to partner with underrepresented children and families.
5. Evaluate practical opportunities to improve the quality of early care and education programs for all children.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.