This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
Educators are beginning to build new competency-based learning models in which students are actively driving their learning while mastering the habits and skills necessary to fulfill their dreams. The purpose of this course, developed using information from the International Association for K-12 Online Learning, is to explore ideas that state policy needs to address in the long-term to support a transformation to competency-based education systems designed to ensure equity for all students. Strategies to build a system on the core principle that all students can succeed and be ready for the next step in their learning, the workforce, and life are presented along with current ways that states are beginning to shift to competency-based education. Additionally, action steps to be taken when working toward a long-term vision of competency-based learning are discussed.
1. Discuss the current shift toward competency-based learning models in which students are actively driving their learning while mastering needed habits and skills.
2. Reflect on ideas for state policy to support a transformation to competency-based education systems designed to ensure equity for all students.
3. Outline the core concepts of a long-term, sustainable shift to personalized, competency-based learning.
4. Differentiate between assessment and accountability and how a shift in thinking around these concepts needs to occur in order to support the best interests of students.
5. Summarize considerations for policymakers as they think long term about accountability redesign.
6. Provide examples of how states are beginning the shift toward competency-based education.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.