This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
Technology can be effectively used to transform learning and to provide students with invaluable information and resources. The purpose of this continuing education course, developed using material from the U.S. Department of Education Office of Educational Technology, is to provide practical, actionable information intended to help educational leaders and technical personnel navigate the many decisions required to deliver broadband connectivity to students. In addition, a variety of options are presented for school and district leaders to consider when making technology infrastructure decisions, recognizing that circumstances and context vary greatly from district to district.
1. Describe how technology in schools can support personalized learning, high-quality instruction, collaboration, increased engagement, and creativity.
2. Consider how gaps in access to broadband tools and content negatively impact students, educators, and communities.
3. Identify planning and leadership demands that occur with technical upgrades in schools and districts.
4. Provide an overview of the technical details associated with getting broadband Internet to schools, and differentiate between types of connectivity.
5. Discuss pertinent factors to be considered when designing school networks and setting technical goals.
6. Summarize strategies to get appropriate devices to students and teachers, including funding options and planning for device rollout.
7. Outline ways to prioritize expectations regarding topics such as device management, responsible use, digital citizenship, safeguarding student privacy, and managing lost or stolen devices.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.