Course #: 02-800
Price: $12.00Take the Exam
Please Note: This course has varying hours depending on the type of credit you need. See Below.
This course will be expiring on 04/27/2023. After this date, you will be unable to take this course for renewal credit.
CEU Course Description
Technology can be effectively used to transform learning and to provide students with invaluable information and resources. The purpose of this continuing education course, developed using material from the U.S. Department of Education Office of Educational Technology, is to provide practical, actionable information intended to help educational leaders and technical personnel navigate the many decisions required to deliver broadband connectivity to students. In addition, a variety of options are presented for school and district leaders to consider when making technology infrastructure decisions, recognizing that circumstances and context vary greatly from district to district.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Describe how technology in schools can support personalized learning, high-quality instruction, collaboration, increased engagement, and creativity.
2. Consider how gaps in access to broadband tools and content negatively impact students, educators, and communities.
3. Identify planning and leadership demands that occur with technical upgrades in schools and districts.
4. Provide an overview of the technical details associated with getting broadband Internet to schools, and differentiate between types of connectivity.
5. Discuss pertinent factors to be considered when designing school networks and setting technical goals.
6. Summarize strategies to get appropriate devices to students and teachers, including funding options and planning for device rollout.
7. Outline ways to prioritize expectations regarding topics such as device management, responsible use, digital citizenship, safeguarding student privacy, and managing lost or stolen devices.
This course expires on 04/28/2023
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Course Date: 2018-06-01
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
No conflict of interest or relevant financial relationship was identified for this learning activity for individuals in a position to control content.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
If you require ADA or other special needs accommodations, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 1-800-413-5262, so arrangements can be made.