CE Credit Hours: 3.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
This brief course is designed to present the participant with current trends and developments in education. The United States Congress has mandated that the National Center For Education Statistics (NCES) produce an annual report, The Condition of Education, which is the source of the information for this course. Topics covered include learning behaviors of kindergarten students, disparities in educational outcomes among male youth, and differences in students’ educational attainment by socioeconomic status (SES). Additionally, general data highlighting characteristics of students and schools is presented.
1. Identify how population characteristics impact education and general economic outcomes.
2. Examine data related to enrollment and participation in education.
3. Describe current characteristics of elementary, secondary, and postsecondary education in the United States.
4. Provide a brief overview of assessment data from the National Assessment of Educational Progress.
5. Summarize findings on how kindergarten students rate in seven approaches to learning behaviors, and ways in which these behaviors impact academic outcomes.
6. Outline disparities in educational outcomes among male youth.
7. Discuss differences in students’ educational attainment by socioeconomic status (SES).
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.