Please Note: This course has varying hours depending on the type of credit you need. See Below.
The purpose of this continuing education course is to review relevant research pertaining to the state of the infant-toddler care field and to highlight the most promising methods and approaches for enhancing caregiver interactions with young children. Topics covered include what is known about supporting adult learning, the context of personal development (PD) in infant/toddler settings, key findings, and gaps in the review of literature. Particular attention is paid to caregivers serving infants and toddlers, those with limited education, and those in home-based and family child care (FCC) settings.
1. Summarize research questions that have guided the literature review about the potential benefits of personal development (PD) for caregivers serving infants and toddlers.
2. Describe what is known about supporting adult learning, the context of PD in infant/toddler settings, and gaps in existing literature.
3. Identify the PD tools, approaches, and strategies that are used in settings serving infants/toddlers.
4. Discuss how technology is used in PD efforts in settings serving infants/toddlers and caregivers’ perspectives on such use.
5. Review what is known about effective PD strategies for supporting interactions between caregivers and children and challenges and barriers to PD implementation.
6. Provide an overview of key findings and implications for the development of PD tools supporting quality infant-toddler care.
7. Evaluate professional development (PD) resources and components most pertinent to the development of new PD tools.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Course Date: 2017-12-01
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
No conflict of interest or relevant financial relationship was identified for this learning activity for individuals in a position to control content.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.
If you require ADA or other special needs accommodations, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 1-800-413-5262, so arrangements can be made.