Please Note: This course has varying hours depending on the type of credit you need. See Below.
This course, developed using information from the Forum on Child and Family Statistics, provides a snapshot of the overall well-being of America’s children and takes a closer look at the differences among the country’s race and Hispanic origin groups. Domains that are addressed in the report include the Family and Social Environment, Economic Circumstances, Health Care, Physical Environment and Safety, Behavior, Education, and Health. Current statistics are presented as well as changes and trends in children's overall health and status.
1. Identify the percentages of children ages 0–17 in the United States by race and Hispanic origin, from 1980–2015 and those projected from 2016–2050.
2. Discuss statistics related to family composition and economic circumstances and ways in which these factors impact the well-being of children.
3. Review various measure of children's health and safety, including how exposure to certain environments and behaviors effect the overall development of youth, their families, and society.
4. Evaluate indicators of academic performance, such as achievement levels, high school completion rates, characteristics of disconnected youth, and college enrollment.
5. Summarize data pertaining to adolescent depression, obesity, asthma, and infant mortality.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Course Date: 2017-10-02
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
No conflict of interest was identified for this learning activity for individuals in a position to control content.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.