This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 4.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Although most experts believe that breastfeeding helps mothers give their babies the best possible start in life, African American women are much less likely to breastfeed than other women. This intermediate level continuing education course was developed using information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office on Women’s Health, in order to give an overview of the benefits of breastfeeding for all women, including African American women. Topics covered include how to breastfeed, why it is important, challenges and questions, and breastfeeding in special situations.
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss the barriers that African American face that prevent them from breastfeeding.
2. Summarize how breast milk is produced and how to prepare for breastfeeding.
3. Differentiate between the various breastfeeding holds and when it is appropriate to use each.
4. Identify challenges breastfeeding mothers face, ways to remedy these difficulties, and common questions that may arise.
5. Review tips on how to breastfeed babies with health problems, twins or multiples, and in other special situations.
6. Describe steps to help breastfeeding mothers make a smooth transition back to work.
7. Discuss proper nutrition, recommended fitness goals, and stress reduction techniques to help new mothers.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.