This course is expiring, etc. etc. etc.
CE Credit Hours: 7.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CE Course Description
Many experts believe that factors such as grit, tenacity, and perseverance are essential to an individual’s capacity to strive for and succeed at long-term and higher-order goals, and to persist in the face of the array of challenges and obstacles encountered throughout schooling and life. This intermediate level continuing education course was developed using information from the U.S. Department of Education Office of Educational Technology in order to provide conclusions and recommendations on how non-cognitive attributes can be incorporated into formal and non-formal learning environments. Research questions that address theory, measurement, the design of learning settings, and potential new roles for technology in the promotion of non-cognitive factors are discussed.
CE Course Objectives
1. Describe the importance of enhancing non-cognitive factors among students such as attributes, social skills, dispositions, and interpersonal resources.
2. Outline the components of learning environments that promote grit, tenacity, and perseverance.
3. Summarize specific conclusions and recommendations tailored to the needs and responsibilities of educators and other stakeholders as they support these multifaceted concepts.
4. Discuss the role of technology in supporting non-cognitive factors to help young people achieve success.
5. Demonstrate how the qualities of grit, tenacity, and perseverance help individuals achieve long-term and higher level goals, even when faced with challenges.
6. Identify how these characteristics can be incorporated into academic and non-academic disciplines.
7. Evaluate ways to bridge the gap between research on strategies to develop non-cognitive factors and implementation of these approaches.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.