Please Note: This course has varying hours depending on the type of credit you need. See Below.
CE Course Description
The purpose of this course is to explore ways that administrators in correctional facilities can securely and cost-effectively provide advanced technologies to help strengthen and expand educational and reentry services. Developed using information from the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education, the course describes the current status of these technologies in corrections, existing and emerging approaches to providing such services in facilities, and the successes and challenges of early implementers.
CE Course Objectives
1. Highlight the positive impact technology can have on education within correctional settings.
2. Provide examples of Isolated Local Server (ILS), Point to Point Secure Line (PtPSL), and Restricted Internet Connection (RIC) use in corrections.
3. Discuss how policies and practices can be improved to enhance the ability of correctional education programs to enable learning through technology.
4. Identify the five overarching goals of the National Education Technology Plan and recommendations to align correctional education with these goals.
5. Outline the successes and challenges of using educational technology in detention facilities.
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED Continuing Education Credit Hours for only $95/year?
Click Here to learn more.
Our courseware includes the text content found on our websites as well as video, audio, and exam questions that make up our courses. You can link to and access our courseware free of charge for personal use. You may not modify or redistribute our courseware under any circumstances.
Although we allow free access for personal use, you may not use our courseware for any commercial purposes without an agreement in place. This includes (but is not limited to) using our courseware for internal training, redistributing our courseware for sale, and copying all or parts of any of our courseware.
If you're interested in licensing our content for commercial purposes or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will disclose, in advance, any proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material to be discussed during the learning event, as well as the source of any third-party compensation related to the presentation. This policy applies to both our organization and contractors. If such proprietary/financial interests exist, we will publish a disclaimer in marketing or instructional materials for a course.
In order to view this course, you will need to be able to view a PDF document for the course material. If your device doesn't have the capability to view a PDF, you can click here to download Adobe Acrobat for free.